DWI Attorney in Lubbock
Providing You with Solid Defense to Obtain Favorable Outcomes
The state of Texas considers DWI as serious offenses. While many people may assume that DWI is limited only for vehicles on the road, the same laws apply to other intoxication-related charges such as boating while intoxicated, flying while intoxicated, as well as intoxicated assault and intoxicated manslaughter. The punishment for DWI and other intoxicated-related charges ranges from probation to lengthy incarceration, steep fines, and driver’s suspension. Additionally, a DWI record can impact job opportunities, insurance rates, and other rights.
Whether this is your first, second, or even third DWI offense, make sure to contact the Law Office of Cynthia Mendoza immediately. Since 2006, our Lubbock criminal defense attorney has been representing clients in a wide range of intoxication-related charges. We have extensive trial skills and in-depth knowledge of the court system to ensure the most favorable outcome possible.
Give us a call at (806) 424-0900 to schedule a free consultation and discuss the details of your case.
Penalties for DWI in Texas
The penalties for DWI and other intoxicated-related charges may vary depending on the circumstances surrounding your case. The prosecution may even request enhancements on your sentence if you have been arrested for DWI with a child passenger or felony DWI.
The penalties are as follow:
- First DWI violation- Class B misdemeanor with penalties including 3 to 180 days imprisonment in county jail, up to $2000 fine, and driver’s license suspension
- First DWI violation with a BAC of .15 or higher- Class B misdemeanor with penalties including up to a year of imprisonment in county jail, maximum of $4000 fine, and driver’s license suspension
- Second DWI violation including boating or flying while intoxicated- Class A misdemeanor with penalties such as 30 days to 1 year imprisonment in county jail, maximum of $4000 fine, and driver’s license suspension
- Third DWI violation including boating or flying while intoxicated- Third-degree felony with penalties such as 2 to 10 years imprisonment in state jail, maximum of $10000 fine, and driver’s license suspension
- Intoxication assault- Third-degree felony with penalties including 2 to 10 years imprisonment in state jail, maximum of $10000 fine, as well as other enhancements
- Intoxication manslaughter- Second-degree felony with penalties including 2 to 20 years imprisonment in state jail, maximum of $10000 fine, as well as other enhancements
Consult with Our Lubbock DWI Attorney
At the Law Office of Cynthia Mendoza, we know that no matter how commonplace a DWI charge is, it can still be a frightening experience. If you find yourself in this situation, put our Lubbock DWI lawyer on your side.
As a client of our firm, you can trust that your case will be given the personal attention it deserves. We will take time to address any of your questions or concerns and help you understand your rights. More importantly, we will work tirelessly to build a solid defense strategy geared towards the positive results that you need.
To secure the services of our firm, schedule a free consultation at (806) 424-0900.